Tom Cavanagh and Carl Gottstein Jr. have been on the Walking and Talking Tour for Mandate Relief since April 15th, 2012. They are meeting with local elected officials and local media outlets along the way, raising awareness and spreading the word about the problems that unfunded state mandates are causing for our communities. He has received a warm welcome and widespread support from all those he has met along the way.
Tom and Carl are achieving their goal of bringing attention to this issue. Here are some of the stories that have been written or broadcast in the past week:
- “One step at a time, Cavanagh walks the state to stop unfunded mandates” by Zach Simeone, The Altamont Enterprise, April 12, 2012
- “Walking to Protest Unfunded Mandates” by Maureen McManus, YNN Capital Tonight, April 13, 2012
- “Man walks to stop unfunded mandates” by Mark Mulholland, WNYT.com, April 19, 2012
- “Taking to the road in protest” by Alvin Reiner, Press-Republican, April 20, 2012
- “Man walking across New York State to protest state mandates and their impact on local budgets” by Michael Cignoli, The Saratogian, April 20, 2012
- “Less talk, more walk for man protesting against unfunded mandates” by Maury Thompson, Post Star, April 20, 2012
- “Tom Cavanagh and Carl Gottstein Jr. are walking around the state to raise awareness of what they believe is the need for mandate reform in New York.” by dailygazette.com, April 20, 2012
- “Man walks across NY to publicize government concerns” by news12.com, April 27, 2012
You can find out where Tom’s route will take him here — and don’t forget, join Tom and other New Yorkers at the Capitol building in Albany at 12 noon on Saturday, April 21st for the Stop Unfunded Mandates Now Rally!